服务信息
楼主: vision.acc
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Accounting practice training+Internship免费试听,重听,助你找到理想工作

[复制链接]
 楼主| vision.acc 发表于 2011-8-29 09:48:37
Hi all,

Hope you all had a good weekend.

As I mentioned in the previous email, the trainee, Youzi has sent us her feedback to share her job searching experience with us. I attached it below this email. Thank you for her generous sharing.

Summarize her experience, you might consider the following points:
•        The requirements of temporary job normally wouldn’t be that high. But you possibly have opportunity to access to ERP system, gain vivid picture of corporate culture and team work. Also they wouldn’t enquiry about your visa status. Most importantly, they might transfer you as permanent employee.
•        Keep sending your resume out. It sounds easy but please customises your resume according to the job requirement.
•        Before you go to interview, try to review the procedures we went through in the class.
•        You need to accumulate your interview experience through interviews again and again. Please be patient. Like this girl, it took her a couple of months to secure a full time position at the end. You can tell her confidence through her email. You can only get to this stage with solid technical and interview experience.

Please summon up your energy if you have been so tired and sick of sending resume. Work hard is the only way for your career success.

Please let me know if you have any enquiries.

Cheers

Rachel

Hello Rachel,
How are you?
Here is some experience I would like to share with all other trainees. Hope can give them some ideas about job searching and interview.
Short term assignment is not a bad idea sometimes if you are too stressed about finance difficult. Temping work is usually paid well, and employer is more generals than others because they always  know you are looking for a job. The best advantages for temping job include that you could have the opportunity to learn the good ERP system, have the idea about the team work of a company work, great working experience you can leave in your resume and the opportunity you can stay.
I had two job interviews a while ago. And I got an offer from a temping job by Thur, but I did not hear anything from the permanent job even agency had promised they would get back to me by Thursday. On the late Friday afternoon, the agency who offered me temping job convinced me to accept their offer and I would start this job on the upcoming Monday. This was the job I was after at all and it’s so far away from where I was living, but it’s a big company and its paid well. I didn’t feel so bad by having an offer in the mean while I lost another one. During my short term working, I sent my resume every night after I finished work, and I always got some interview calls during my work. Soon I had met Hays, Michael Page and other famous agencies. By the way, all my interviews were arranged after work, because most of their interviewee have job, they are supposed to interview them after they finish work, so please don’t feel bad to ask them to arrange an interview at 5pm or 6pm.
I work very hard and efficient for my temping job and got along very well with my co-workers, and hardly made any error. Before I finished my assignment, I was in the short lists of three jobs including AP, Accounts Assistant and Bookkeeper. On the last of my work
(Friday), my boss surprised me to offer me to stay with them because they like my personality, my great work and that they think I really fit their team. I was so happy to get such assessment which encouraged me to be confident, but I still asked to consider because it’s too far from home and the position is not what I was looking for.
On Monday morning I went for an interview to an environment company regarding an AP job. My interview question included that the process that AP I did before, the reasons why I resigned, and why the temping work did not keep me stay. The way I answered just according to what they want to listen. Here do you have to have the idea how AP does in a big company, which you can learnt from Rachel and google, so please get very familiar with what AP job duties are and fully understand the principle. They may ask you the biggest challenge when you were processing AP before, this is a test about your ability to solve problems. In the afternoon, I met a company who is in ASX list, but they didn’t ask me any question, and keep emphasise that the person they were looking for is very experience and more qualified. I had tried my best to convince them that I can do all these FAR and EOM, but I understood that it’s a very hard job. In the mean while I was told from morning interview that I have gone through and will be attending to second interview to meet the people from Mel head office. I was extremely relaxed because I would have another interview in the afternoon and my offer from my temping work were still waiting. The interviewer from yesterday helped me for making me look good, so I think impression is important. I was asked about the near future plan, my challenge, how I deal with conflicts with co-workers and clients. I also asked a few questions about the working hours, people in finance team, and the background of interviewers. I suggest that don’t ask strange questions during interview. You better don’t ask any questions if you cannot think of any, but remember a few essential ones. It doesn’t matter the number of the questions you asked. The whole process for my interview was happy and relaxed, and then I got offer from this company during interview. And I also decide to give up another offer to work here because the job duties I will have will help me more professional for the position I want to do in the future.

That’s pretty much I can remember now. Hope it’s helpful.

Keep in touch.

Youzi
 楼主| vision.acc 发表于 2011-9-4 19:58:54
www.visionaccounting.com.au
Training + internship
 楼主| vision.acc 发表于 2011-9-15 07:40:47
最新一期的培训,马上要开课了。欢迎电话咨询 0451 944 868.
acc-vision 发表于 2011-9-27 09:31:19
Hi Rachel..

Hope you are doing good :)

As I told you I had 2 interviews in last 2 days.. Both were with the recruiter and in the one on Monday the interviewer asked me to run through what i did in Accounts payable and accounts receivable. He said the position that I had applied for required around 3 yrs experience but he had called me anyways because they keep on recruiting for payable and receivable.  

My yesterday's interview went well. She too asked me about receivable and payable roles, my strengths, what motivates me and what will I bring to the organisation. Then I had to take Excel, word, typing, alphanumeric typing and numeric typing tests. I scored very good in Excel but  average in the typing tests. She said it was good enough. The job was on the north side and she said it was too far off for me to travel.. I said that i was fine with travelling and i had my own car. She said she'll talk to the client and then take this further.. I don't know if she was telling the truth or just keeping me as a data base.
I am applying for jobs everyday... lets see what happens :)

Thanks for your support..

Regards
Sonal.
acc-vision 发表于 2011-10-5 07:36:55
Interview feedback
Interview with agents:
1.        Over the phone agents can ask interviewee a lot questions.
My very first telephone interview was from an agent. I was in a busy grocery shop and I did not want to lose any chance in getting a job, and the lady over the phone asked me more than 10 questions for example tell her a bit about myself, the reason why I apply for this position, the reason why I resigned from last job, the motivation for work, initials, my strength, my weakness, the challenges I think in accounting area, the career plan in the following five years, what type team member I am, what type of team I would like to work with, any accomplishment of mine and what is my expected salary package.
This lady eventually invited me for an interview to her office and put me to the shortlist. During the interview, the lady emphasised the importance about the answer about initials and motivation which will definitely impress the employers.  You need to make a short but impressing description about this point.
Tips:
•        You may go out and be busy with something else besides of job hunting, but remember to keep the job hunting processing with you all the time, thus you would know who you are talking to and have idea what you need to say. You’d better have some notes to help you answer the questions over the phone.
•        Impressing, impressing & impressing would always like to know you more.

2.        To impress the agents or employers by ringing them with you attitude and brief but clear introduction
I just started looking for job, and I did not want to spend too much time because I have been confident that I can find an idea job since I have the attitude and passion about accounting and confident about myself. I saw a job ad from Gumtree, and the job description just matches what I did before, I’m definitely capable for this position. I rang up this agent and impressed the agent by my brave & confident action. This agent helped me a lot including advising the way to present my resume better. I finally got a job offer from this agent with all his kind help
Tips:
•        It’s quite possible that the agent gave you attitude or they are inpatient over the phone, and most of them will ask you just send them a resume first. Please don’t be afraid of it because you are trying to win the 10% or maybe less. But at least you have tried and it works when you meet the right person.
•        Achievements in your resume are the sparkle for your skills.

3.        Interview with employer
I got HR’s phone call from a construction company which is nearby my house. After confirm the expectation salary package and my language is ok, I was invited for an interview to their company.
The staff in this company did seem very friendly, but I was trying me best. During the interview, Finance Manager passed me a water bill and asked me to find out the problem of this invoice. I was thinking that this is impossible to be so easy, and I spent half minute to look at the format of this invoice, the description, balance, but everything looks right. And then I told them that I can only say water bill doesn’t including GST and there is no mistake in this invoice. Amazingly, that was the answer they were after. The Human Resources Manager asked me about my MS office skills and which function I can use in Excel, and then she asked me about which function I can use in word. OMG, I can use it and definitely professional with typing 50 wpm, but it is so hard to say which function I can use. I described that I can use but I can’t describe it without computer, and I would like to show them if there is a laptop or computer. Everything seemed going alright, but the interview was ruined till the HR Manager asked my visa status. The day after, I was told over the phone that I did not get this job. Well, I don’t like the company anyway.
•        Interview questions are all simular. Self-introduction is the important part to impress your interviewer. They will always ask the reason why you resigned.  A good presentation for your resume can give them the impression that you are organised.
•        When they ask do you have any question, there are some questions may be answered during the interview. Don’t be panic, prepare more questions just for in case.
acc-vision 发表于 2011-10-11 09:10:12
Hi all,

Hope you all well.

I will release some info to build up your tax knowledge from now on. Hope can help you in some stage.

Rental Property Expenses

You can claim a deduction for expenses you incur for the period your property is rented. You cannot claim expenses of a capital or private nature.
There may be situations where you need to apportion between deductible and non-deductible expenses. Examples include:
•        If the property is not available for rent for the full year, you may need to apportion some of the expenses on a time basis.
•        If only part of the property is used to earn rent, you can claim only that part of the expenses that relates to the rental income. As a general guide, apportionment should be made on a floor area basis.
•        If you combine travel to inspect or maintain your rental property with travel for private purposes, you may need to apportion your travel expenses.
Expenses that you may be able to claim include:
advertising for tenants        body corporate fees
bank charges        cleaning
electricity and gas        gardening and lawn mowing
in-house audio/video service charges        insurance
interest on loans        land tax
legal expenses        lease costs
pest control        property agent’s fees and commission
quantity surveyor’s fees        repairs and maintenance
secretarial and bookkeeping fees         security patrol fees
servicing costs, eg water heater         stationery and postage
telephone calls and rental        tax-related expenses
travel and car expenses        water charges
You can claim a deduction for these expenses only if you actually incurred them.
Borrowing expenses, decline in value of depreciating assets and capital works deductions may be deducted over a number of income years.
Expenses you are not able to claim include:
•        acquisition and disposal costs
•        expenses not actually incurred by you, such as water or electricity charges borne by your tenants
•        expenses that are not related to rental of a property, such as expenses connected to your own use of a holiday home that you rent out for part of the year
acc-vision 发表于 2011-10-13 15:58:38
Hi all,

How are you? Hope you all well.

Currently, many of our trainees have successfully finished the training sessions and start their job searching. Here are some experience might be helpful for your job hunting.

With recruitment agent
The major recruitment agents include HAYS, Michael Page, Robert Half and AccountAbility. If you search by www.seek.com.au, you will see lots of positions actually are with agents. Sometimes, they don’t really have job vacancies. The ads are only for attracting candidates to build up their database. However, please still send your resume out to register with those agents as lots of trainees got job through this way. As agents have their own network for employment opportunities. As long as you can impress yourself with agents, they will refer you positions sooner or later.

All the agents will conduct phone interviews before they call you for face to face one. So get ready to pick up phones after sending out your resume. A trainee who has successfully secured an AP position said back then she would make a note about the positions she applied and carried with her all the time. And she would prepare ear piece of her mobile in case she was in noisy area. She would do a rehearsal of phone interview in her mind wherever she was on the bus, before sleeping and eating...  Watch out the traffic please! But I am not surprised she got a job soon as she really tried hard, even she is not quick learner. My point is preparing your phone interview as English is not our first language. You will be nervous on phone with interviewer. You can only perform well on phone interview after you prepare carefully.

If you secure a face to face interview, with agent, the interview is a bit more about casual conversations. However, prepare to be asked about all the points you list out on your resume. Go through the procedure for all the accounting functions.

Be open, confident and relax with agents.

With employer

First of all, be modest, easy going and pleasure in helping. Try to use I am willing to… I am happy to… I am keen to learn… Show the employer you can take extra mile and ownership of your job.

Don’t show you are special and different. As a few trainees were refused after interview as the employers are not comfortable being with them. So smile, smile and smile in the interview. And if you are not good at joking, just don’t try then.

After interview, better to send a thanks letter. If you have no idea how to write, google then. BTY, please practice with biz email writing.

Be positive.

Regards

Rachel

0451 944 868
acc-vision 发表于 2011-10-19 19:01:29
Hi Racheal:
this is fine, just keep in touch!

for my experience, i think is patient. because most of interview i have got are agents. sometimes they said oh we had jobs suitable for you, but would not contact you anymore. (maybe one or two month)  but once they really have some jobs they will contact you. so what i suggest finding two or three agents and keep trace on them.

my current job is pretty busy actually (around 1 m payment per week), i have been trained from A to Z. So don't worry if you do not have 1+ years experience (they will training you at beginning stage). they have large ERP system, but again the company provided training and IT assistance.  every company has different procedure, the important thing is making sure do not ask same question agian and agian, please make your own notice.

i don't know it is for help or not, but good luck for everyone.

best regards

LIZ
acc-vision 发表于 2011-10-24 11:47:37
Hello Rachel.

Thank you so much for sending me files.

The questions file looks great! I will look at it more closely tomorrow again after I practice whole things on my own.

Actually I just want to say that today class was brilliant and 4 students in a class is absolutely great!

To be honest, I was little (just little bit) concerned about 4 students in a class, but actually i found it out that it was very very good as I can see other students problems which I didn't have. So that you taught how to solve it which I might face it in reality.

Of course, the main thing is you manage and bring the class perfectly!! and really helping all students to understand it.

I would like to say this again, I really appreciate about your teaching as well as your kindeness too.

and I have feeling that this training course (particuarly the class I'm attending) will be fun and useful for me in terms of accounting exprirence and new people I met

Thank you so much again

See you on Wednesday then.

Yours sincerely
Mijin
acc-vision 发表于 2011-11-1 16:20:52
Hi all,

Please join me in congratulating Mijin successfully secure a junior accountant position in a wholesale company.

Here are some interview questions she shared with us, please have a look.
1.        They asked who am I?

How do I think the distance between where I live and the company..

How do i handle stress?

If I make a mistakes, and the boss pointed it out, how would I react or think..? ( I said I don't take it personally, but I blame myself little bit in terms of I made mistakes... and I tried to find where I made mistakes and try  not to make same one)

2.        Basically they asked me can you do that or not?

And all my answers are I can do..

She asked me whether I can chase AR payment and how to do..
3.        How many invoices I've been processed in a day?
4.        Am I comfortable with Excel... can I create a chart?
5.        They asked me about the goal of my career.

It’s really good opportunity for her and inspiration for others. Many trainees think residency is the barrier for them to get an accounting related job. Actually, as long as you have reasonable experience, it’s not necessary that you have to be a permanent residency to secure a job. Mijin’s case can be a good example. She is still working on getting her residency.

Summon up your energy and move on.

Also wish Mijin all the best.

Cheers

Rachel HAO

免费顶贴24小时

扫描左侧二维码

回复置顶码: 204928

〓 房产买卖平台 〓
〓 整租租房平台 〓
〓 生意买卖平台 〓

Copyright @ 2019 OZYOYO.com. All rights reserved.

分享本页

客服号

公众号